Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of a person's teeth, mouth and smile. Cosmetic dentistry may also provide restorative benefits.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments by Dr. Barr include:
• Inlays/Onlays: Also known as indirect fillings, inlays and onlays made from porcelain or composite materials are a long-lasting yet cosmetic way to provide a “filling” to teeth with tooth decay or similar structural damage.
• Composite Bonding: Chipped, broken, discolored or decayed teeth may be repaired or have their appearance corrected with composite bonding. The result is a restoration that blends invisibly with the remainder of the surrounding tooth structure and the rest of your natural teeth to create a healthy, bright smile.
• Teeth Whitening: Teeth are often stained from smoking, food, coffee, tea or red wine, or poor oral hygiene. Bleaching the teeth can enhance the appearance of your smile.
• Dental Veneers: Composite or porcelain laminates that are adhesively bonded to the surface of a tooth to correct and repair chips and cracks will improve a worn appearance or severe tooth discoloration. Veneers may also be recommended if you have gaps in your teeth or if you have not had success with teeth whitening.
• Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial tooth root replacements and replace a lost tooth. Often the result is not only an enhanced smile, but also a more youthful appearance, since missing teeth cause the face to collapse, making you look older.