It additional to dental services, Dr. Barr also offers BOTOX® Cosmetic injections for patients to help smooth wrinkles and facial creases.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by a healthcare professional as a simple, non-surgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
Aging skin and wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, hormone loss, or damage caused by free radicals. The 11s – those vertical lines that appear between your brows – result from muscle contractions. When you concentrate, squint, or frown, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. After years of frequent contraction, those wrinkles can linger even after the muscles are at rest.
YOUR TREATMENT GOALS
• Prior to your appointment, consider your treatment goals.
• During your appointment, discuss these treatment goals with Dr. Barr.
• At your appointment discuss your treatment goals and ask Dr. Barr if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you.
• See the results: Improvement may begin within 24-48 hours and your results may increase during the first week after treatment and can continue to improve up to 30 days after treatment.
• Long-lasting results up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
• Join the Brilliant Distinctions® Program and receive special offers.